PetsLoyal2Vets Seeks Project Manager For Building Renovation
Are you a retired or semi retired Construction Project Manager looking for a renovation project that will benefit disabled Minnesota veterans and help saves lives of many homeless dogs? PetsLoyal2Vets seeks such a person to head up its inside renovation project for its new Psychiatric Service and Therapy Dog training facility just three m iles South of Burnsville on the border of Prior Lake, MN.
Your honed skills will breath new life into the dogs we will train for men and women of the Armed Forces who have been diagnosed and treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injuries and Physical Assault Traumas.
Renovation Construction Project Manager
- Creates timeline from start to finish for deliveries of materials, permit applications and necessary labor.
- Previous non-profit experience and recruiting of skilled labor volunteers a huge plus.
- Provides overall management direction for renovation of a 4,800 sq/ft steel building.
- Manages the design team as required through the project permitting, design and construction project phases.
- Manages the bid process: solicits and selects bidders, companies providing donated work, receives and evaluates bids, and makes recommendations.
- Creates and manages contracts/written agreements between contractors, vendors and donors.
- Creates and manages all work orders.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect PetsLoyal2Vets interest and simultaneously maintains good relationships with design teams and vendors.
- Travels to job site to check progress, overall workmanship, and verifies that project is on schedule.
- Oversees code enforcement and permit applications.
- Oversees processing of all pay applications, change order requests, and requests for information related to the design and construction of project.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy, completeness, and supporting documentation.
- Manages communication between vendors, contractors and PetsLoyal2Vets.
- Required to learn and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Required to know all OSHA safety rules and enforce these rules.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by management.
- Manages project close-out.
This position may have an assistant PM or Construction Project Management student in training from an accredited college to assist with this renovation.
5+ years of experience with building construction and renovations projects is required; managing linear construction projects such as water/sewer line placements; overseeing field inspectors and evaluating contractors’ compliance with plans and specifications; familiarity with industry software applications and scheduling tools, etc. desired. Strong knowledge of the construction process, particularly from a field and contractor standpoint. Understanding of the coordination requirements in Contractor delivery method is desired. Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications. Familiarity with CPM scheduling and standard scheduling software. Familiarity with cost estimating and standard estimating software. Ability to manage budgets and be conscientious of time management.
To see this facility and each phase, go to Project Description
Education and Certificates
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited university preferred. Registrations or Certifications preferred; CCM, PE, PMP, any of these would be a plus but will review others.
We are seeking PM’s and skilled labor for this project from the following:
- Army, Air Force, Navy or Marine National Guard Combat Engineering and construction teams
- Construction Management students from local Universities and construction trade schools
- Retired PM’s, General Contractors, veteran groups, VFW’s, Lions, American Legions, in Minnesota
- Plumbing, electrical, framing, lighting, tin workers, equipment operators, cement framing, pouring and finishing
- Radient heat installers, AC, spray foam insulation, blown in insulation,
If you are an experienced PM or know one who is generous enough to help PetsLoyal2Vets launch this training facility, please help us spread the word to those in the above categories. Created by and built for Minnesota veterans, your contributions will help save the lives of many men and women and homeless dogs in Minnesota and your efforts will not be forgotten. Ask your company if they will make a small donation of time or materials to help support Minnesota’s first all veteran service and therapy dog training facility.
To read additional details, go to Volunteers