Pets Loyal 2 Vets is now accepting applications for dogs 1 year of age or older to be donated to Pets Loyal 2 Vets from established breeders, rescue organizations and animal humane shelters. With over 389,000 veterans in Minnesota and more than 1.7 million service members deployed since 2001, there is a Tsunami of veterans that will need America’s support.
If you are interested in donating a healthy adult dog to Pets Loyal 2 Vets, we have a form you can fill out for that. We only accept dogs from accredited breeders, 501 (c)(3) non-profit rescue organizations or animal humane shelters. Dogs with a predisposition to health problems, wrong size, are un-trainable, or wrong breed will not be considered. Breeds we prefer are Golden Retrievers, Yellow Labs, black labs, Chocolate Labs like our four legged friends in the photo below, some other Retrievers and English Labs and specialty breeds will be considered. If your dog does not come close to what we need, then it may not be the right one for our programs.
All donors will be thoroughly verified so please remember we take dog donations very seriously and expect those who want to donate to us to be professional. When considering a dog donation to PL2V, remember we need medium level demeanor/activity dogs from 1 to 2 years old that will work well with veterans and train well. We accept some dogs from veterans to train for themselves but this depends on the criteria listed herein. We will screen each candidate dog for the traits we need and do not need.
Candidate dogs must be:
- Spayed or neutered at least three weeks prior to donation and recovering well
- Up to date on all shots and vaccines with original vet records provided
- Nails cut and rounded
- Leash trained and socialized
- House broken inside dogs
- Free from injuries or signs of injuries
- Not possess recessive or degenerative traits
- Be micro chipped
- Clean and groomed
- Free from abuse, neglect, aggression, fear, shyness, inattentiveness, tugging, excessively or barkers
- Be healthy and up to date on all shots and vaccines
- Lastly, be the kind of dog you would be proud to put your name on as a great candidate for a disabled veteran
If you are planning to donate more than one dog, you will need a separate application form for each dog. We train smaller companion dogs, medium to large therapy dogs and larger breed service dogs.
To make a dog donation, please click the Dog Donation Form page to download and print the application. Please fill that out and mail it to: Pets Loyal 2 Vets P.O. Box 1895 Burnsville, MN 55337 For questions, call 612-396-3369.