Mission: Our mission is to connect disabled Minnesota Military Veterans diagnosed and treated for PTSD, TBI or physical assault traumas with specially trained companion, therapy and Psychiatric service dogs by partnering with supporting animal shelters, breeders and rescue organizations and at no cost to the veteran.
PetsLoyal2Vets Board of Directors members will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan and vision for PetsLoyal2Vets. Board members assign tasks to the committees to investigate and then report back to the board. As various terms expire, opening become available. To hold a position on the Executive Board, you must be a veteran first with qualifications.
PetsLoyal2Vets board members are Ambassadors representing the organization throughout their communities, promoting its mission, goals and are responsible for ensuring PetsLoyal2Vets is operated in a responsible and transparent manner while meeting the needs of the community and disabled veterans. Board Members are the visionary and the decision makers for the organization and must clearly understand by accepting a position on the board that it requires measured time, solid commitment and active participation.
Board members will support the work of Pets Loyal 2 Vets and provide mission based leadership and Strategic Governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director, the Board / ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. General Board Member responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director, Board members develop and implement strategic plans, review outcomes and regularly measure performance and effectiveness
- Reviewing agendas and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approve annual budgets, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- The day to day management of the business and affairs of the organization meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Supervise and direct committee chairs and govern PetsLoyal2Vets charity efforts in carrying out its mission
- Actively participate in the management and activities of the organization
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization
- Establish committees and rely on information, opinions or reports from these committees
- Follow the organization’s governing documents to carry out the organization’s mission
- Be aware of what the financial records disclose and take appropriate action where needed
- A duty to protect, preserve, invest and manage the corporation’s property and assets in a confidential and professional manner
- Assist the organization in obtaining adequate financial resources to enable it to further its charitable mission
- Develop a strategic vision and implementation of organizational goals
- Recruit new board members, volunteers and advisory board members
- Promote attendance at Board/Committee meetings
- Prepare agendas and take minutes at board meetings
- 4 year degree preferred, 2 year college degree minimum plus three years measured non-profit or equilivant Governmental experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as a board member in a non-profit environment
- Posses a high degree of professionalism in both verbal and written communication skills
- Actively involved in fundraising, sponsor solicitation, community involvement and promoting the organization
- Be able to show a successful track record as a previous board member or director in a non-profit organization
- Work closely with fellow board members and committees to achieve desired goals of the organization
- Attend and participate in fund-raising events
- Attend and prepare for monthly board meetings
- Committed to the success of the organization and its mission to veterans and the community
Executive Board of Director Positions of Vice President and above must be a veteran: May vote on all business matters brought before the board.
- Executive Director
- Vice President (open)
- Treasurer (open)
Do you have experience as a board member, director, corporate leadership, State or Federal equivalent experience and want to be a part of a worthy cause for Military Veterans and therapy dogs in Minnesota in one of the above positions? If so, then this may be the opportunity you have waited for and we would love to meet you. Volunteer as a Board Member with PetsLoyal2Vets with just 5 hours per month and help PetsLoyal2Vets connect Minnesota Veterans with trained companion, therapy and Psychiatric service dogs. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Pets Loyal 2 Vets mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Your accomplishments will add to a great team of like minded Board Members. Your time with Pets Loyal 2 Vets will help save the life of a dog while fulfilling the animal assisted needs of a disabled Minnesota veteran.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
Extensive professional experience with significant Executive Leadership accomplishments in business, Government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector; A commitment to and understanding of Pets Loyal 2 Vets; Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of Minnesota veterans is a must.
* PetsLoyal2Vets.org is an IRS registered 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization.
* US Military Veteran preference, VFW, Lions, Legion post members and retired military encouraged to apply